Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 16, 2019 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
Haven't been around much, having problems staying current with forum posts.

I'm still here, still mixed, maybe a little manic.

Yesterday, I ran much less though it was because I spent nearly 3 hours in the dentist's chair getting the initial workup for 2 crowns. I have temporary crowns now until the permanent ones come in, which is usually 2-3 weeks. My lower left jaw is killing me especially as one of the teeth had a large hole where a filling fell out too when the tooth broke. Ugh. That visit cost $1300 (including the permanent crowns). I have another appt. to go back to get the setup for the needed crown on top (another $650). That tooth already has a crown, but decay has set in under it, and if the crown is not replaced, it will become a root canal situation. And these costs are with dental insurance (which pays half the cost for major work). You could buy a used car for this price. My first car at 16 years old cost $500, though, obviously, for that price it was not top-of-the-line and did not have AC (which is not great living in this climate).

Ran more today and walked too. Not good. Did have some cake without too much worry (yesterday was H's birthday). Totally sick of this stupid ED.
It's so nice to see you BBB. I relate to the teeth problems a lot. I give you a lot of credit! I'm still too scared to go because I need a root canal. I just don't think I can sit still for that so long. Cake sounds yummy. I had some cheesecake the other day and man was it good. I was able to control not eating all that I got.

I know how discouraging it can be dealing with all the issues we have. I just do what I can and sometimes it's my best and sometimes it's not.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,