noonereally
noonereally has no updates.

5 yr Member
5 hugs
given
Default Feb 16, 2019 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejones24 View Post
Girl I am 23 and when I tell you we are in the same boat! I literally just found out my mom was a narcissist as well. Anyways what I want to tell you is that You are not a failure. Sometimes I feel that way too! Like I’m a failure cause last year I dropped out of college due to attempting suicide and etc. But I realize that was a mistake because it put me in the hands of my narcissistic mother all the way. I feel trapped like you I’m applying to a lot of jobs like you and I’m trying to gain my independence so I can find happiness. I know you probably feel down and like a failure I often feel that way but you finished school keep your head up! You’re doing great. I feel the same way when it comes to answering job phone calls but I wld say go to therapy I know I shld take my own advice but I don’t have Health insurance. Go to therapy find a job. Try to keep in mind the longer you stay at home the longer your mom has control over you.
I wld say try something new each week. Make a list of hobbies and try something new each week. Until you find something that you are passionate about. Also what did you like to do a lot as a child? Usually our passions come to us when we’re little we’ll sometimes. I just want you to know you’re not alone and YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU SHALL PREVAIL! It gets hard though because I was raised by a narcissistic mother so i can relate. I hope and pray you find peace and happiness an your passion. Hugs
were you allowed out and to have friends as a kid? i just wonder if anybody else has these same feelings and etc caused by it. for me that's what adds to the trapped feeling, they kinda like forced me into isolation and i get buried deeper and deeper and it feels so impossible. anyway sorry that you're in the same boat. i know it sucks a lot. if anything, you're lucky you realized this now. when i was 23 i still had no idea how manipulated i had been or that i was still in it.

anyway therapy and job arent that simple. i've had jobs before but they honestly cheated me out of a lot of money and i think its because of my personality that just says "i'm weak please take advantage and walk all over me" because of the way they treated me growing up. and i typed to someone else above how most of my tries with therapy have gone.

i have things that i like doing now. im rly into art and sculpting but its stuff i do alone in my room and it doesn't really help me. that's not going to help me with a career or anythhing probably. when i was a kid i didn't really have any hobbies because i wasn't allowed to do much. i had a very active imagination. i was often alone and having to entertain myself, like by making things up in my head and etc. anyway thank you. same to you, i wish you luck as well. we'll both figure it out and get through it somehow.
noonereally is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky