Under*Over

Member Since Mar 2018
177 hugs
given
Default Feb 16, 2019 at 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLIEBETH87 View Post
Heck no! Everyone is welcome
Oh this is good to hear! I was worried. When I tell people, even therapists my diagnosis... I see them get a little nervous. So Im always scared of that because that really hurts. But hearing this helps a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderfalls View Post
My DBSA group was pretty much of a mess. There was never a consistent group. The two peer counselors who rotated both ended up seriously manic, with one of them telling us how he was going to make a million dollars and the other one eventually ending up in a permanent partial care facility. It goes without saying that you shouldn't go by my experience. I think things would depend a lot on your peer leader.

I did go to another group moderated by a professional and it was very much better but $20 cash a session, which I couldn't afford.

I went to one AA meeting and it was beyond ridiculous because after all the God stuff all we talked about was whether one of the members should send her daughter to the most expensive school in our city instead of the second most. Really. I was obviously in the wrong part of town.

I still would try a group again and hope for better, but I would want a professional moderator.
Yeah Im just going to set my goal to go once or twice just to check it out. If it doesnt seem like it works out no big deal! But I want to do what I can to keep myself doing well- and if this helps I want to do it.

Hopefully it helps!

Im sorry your experience was so poor too. I hope you can find a group that works for you.
Under*Over is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote