View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Feb 17, 2019 at 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereally View Post
anyway therapy and job arent that simple. i've had jobs before but they honestly cheated me out of a lot of money and i think its because of my personality
It may not be your fault. There are some really bad jobs/employers out there--I am always very leery of employers who pay by commission only. With time, you will get good about recognizing which ones to stay away from. Eventually/hopefully, you will find a good job. Keep looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereally View Post
i can't tell tbh. i have tried to explain to her about all the stuff she's done to me and how she's made it impossible for me to become anything and she gets really sad (or at least seems sad) about it. and during those times i feel like she genuinely didn't mean for things to go the way they have, just that she's really unaware and stupid kind of. but then when she is trying to manipulate or mess things up for me i just feel like she is 100% evil and knows what she's doing. but the times she feels bad about it it seems so genuine so i'm confused. she tries to help though, like she's trying to help me find an apartment and cosign for me since i don't have a job rn (unless that's a trick/lie). so it's the weirdest thing. but like at the same time, if i go somewhere with her in public she loves to act like i am so stupid and incompetent and need her help to any strangers she talks to. i think she just likes the idea of being needed so making me need her is good for her but at the same time she feels bad ?
but then she also completely forgets about everything i've explained to her about my past and i ask her if she honestly thinks she was a good parent to me and she answers that she thinks she was a decent one.

it's really hard for me to tell.

and she isnt even the one i am sure is the narcissist. it's my dad that is. i don't talk to him anymore even tho he lives here, i am never in the same room as him except for holidays but i don't speak to him at all. i don't even speak in front of him bc i dont want him to know anything about me now. but as a child, yeah he definitely treated us all like we weren't people, we were just objects there for his use and his amusement. though i've heard from my siblings he's mellowed out now and is just a sad old man.
but maybe my mom is a good person, she just got mixed up in his behavior, maybe she was even manipulated too and thats why she can't understand all the pain and issues she's caused me.
i have no clue, it's really hard for me to understand.

sorry for typing so much, it's like once i start there's just so much.
Parents make a lot of mistakes. It sounds like your mom is struggling too (which is not your problem, just keep that in mind on the days she causes problems). Don't hesistate to take any of the help she offers. If she cosigns on an apartment for you--this is a loving act which will help you move on/become more independent. With time, I think that having your own place will enable you to have more perspective on the situation with your parents (I am not say they are good or bad--only that you need time and distance to put it all behind you). Hugs.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky