View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Feb 17, 2019 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidso View Post
Methinks that your boss is concerned about his status. That's just me looking at this from a distance. It might have been a good or a bad idea - or probably both at the same time.

Perhaps one way to approach it is to assure him that this just happened because he was out of the office and you will never go "over his head" again... that takes care of his status concern. He will probably calm down.

It's also the job of the senior boss to take care of your line manager's concerns - involve him in the ongoing discussion - smooth his ruffled feathers, make sure that he doesn't feel side-lined.

Sounds a bit like your anxiety need addressing internally. Hey, everyone makes mistakes... I bet your boss and his boss have made a few in their lifetime.
Thank you!

Yes, it may have been BOTH a good AND a bad idea to talk to HR.

My boss DOES know that I didn't mean or intend to go above OR around him.

I even point blank said this directly to HR in just that way: "I do not mean to go above or around my boss, but I need someone to talk to about this and he is out of the office".

I made a point of telling both HR and the CEO that my boss is the best boss I've ever had.

I don't know what more I can do to smooth this over with my boss. I've already told him I now know to bring an issue first to him and not to HR.

I suppose on Tue I can also inform him: You know, when I initially went to HR about this, I had NO intention of it going to the CEO with a follow-up meeting. I didn't know it would be taken to that level.

AND YES! I need to work on my anxiety for sure. I have an anxiety disorder.

Last edited by Anonymous40643; Feb 17, 2019 at 09:22 AM..