Thread: Clueless
View Single Post
lokiez

Member Since Feb 2019
9 hugs
given
Unhappy Feb 17, 2019 at 08:56 AM

I have been working with a family member for many years, half of my life. I have made so many sacrifices in every possible aspect.
So much money has been spent that i could have built a new house in it. Still we felt all those effort were worth it as we managed to achieve some stability in past 1.5 years and were looking forward to improve things further.
But almost like a plane crash, everything fell apart.
This person suffers from Aspergers with lots of maniac symptoms and is going through another episode. We had made lots of effort in setting boundaries over past 1.5 years but everything has fallen apart with this episode.
All boundaries in terms of time limit, money, rude behaviour all are gone because we want medicines to be taken. This episode started after medicine were not taken for more than a month and getting medicine back is the only hope.
Smoking is back, drinking and worst part is sex with random people which adds a lot of risk.
I am soo much tired of all this, if it is one time effort then its fine but so much effort again and again has drained me.
My own life has gone completely off track.
My worry is if i stop making sacrifices and set boundaries then everything may fall apart and this person may end up on road but then i dont know how far i can continue like this.
This person doesn't has great IQ which makes it challenging as many times reasoning may not work but surprising part is that at times this person acts so smart that we feel either we are fooled or smartness is only in some areas, is that possible?
I really want this person to start taking medication on its own but from its perspective everybody else is wrong and no amount of reasoning works especially during episode and even otherwise its very challenging.

Having said all this, i feel sad as this person had no friends and has been laughed at and ridiculed by people, called many names for the mental state. With low IQ people keep exploiting. It all pains me soo much and i want to give this person a chance to live a reasonable life.

With all my efforts, i have so far saved this person from any hospitalization as it will add a stigma here. Also this person most likely will start hating us to core and might not want to live with us. Then i feel, if there are places available where this person under supervision of Doctors but i dont think such places are available or are there only for short term rather long term or life long.

I just dont know what my options are, i want to do the best i can but this last episode makes me feel that just my efforts might not be sufficient.

Anybody knows if the kind of person i described above, can take care of themselves atleast in medication.
lokiez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote