Rive1976
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
144 hugs
given
Default Feb 17, 2019 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
Im sorry we cant tell you why this is happening to you , only you and your own doctors can say why you are hearing these voices..

What I can tell you is that when I hear these kinds of vices my treatment providers call it normal....

here where I live its normal for people to be thinking each one of these things depending upon the situation.

when its not a completely normal situation then my treatment providers call it psychosis with my bipolar disorder.

why because of reality testing. ...

1 is there someone right now during that thought trying to touch me in the wrong way... nope.

2. am I suicidal when I am thinking about dying if so then its my depression if not then its having delusional thoughts in me.

3. is there someone (a friend or family member) and I standing talking doing a project, cooking or otherwise needing the other person to put their finger some place? if so its normal if not its having delusional thoughts.

4. am I suicidal if not then its a delusional thought if I am its being depressed and suicidal.

5. was I really M******* 5 times if so where is the proof (memory of it and such 5 is a very specific number so there has to be witnesses or proof of some kind, most people who have been abused dont count how many times they are abused. they are thinking of getting away not counting how many times, my own therapist would be asking me what was so significant about those times that made me remember it was 5 times and if I could remember it was 5 times why couldnt I remember anything else, dissociative amnesia is a special kind of forgetfulness where a person has no memory of anything before, during or right after the abuse so if this was me my treatment provider would want to know what was so significant about the number 5 and why if I had dissociative amnesia I could have voices telling me it was 5 times.

6.why am I wondering if I could careless. care less means not wondering at all, dont have an opinion or thought or verbalizing it in any way.

7 is someone right now threatening to stab me in the stomach, if not its a delusion. why because if I had dissociated such a thing there would be medical reports to the fact that it actually happened.

see what I mean.... with dissociation problems reality testing remains intact so look for the reality in each statement. that will tell you whether the problem is part of your dissociation problems or part of your other mental or physical problems.

that said I remember reading somewhere that you have hypochondria. these kinds of thoughts to happen with a friend of mine who is a hypochondriac. with this people do have thoughts of whether they are sick, have mental or physical health problems and sometimes paranoid thoughts and voices.

my suggestion do some reality testing. if you have no medical reports that you have suffered a trauma that included being stabbed, police reports that someone stabbed you and the person went to prison. then you can rest easy its not a dissociative problem. bottom line people who are stabbed may not remember the trauma but such a thing needs medical care and police reports. so its easy to verify whether this is a delusional voices or dissociative.

Oh, these arent voices. They are thoughts. I do NOT hear voices. Like coming from outside myself.
Rive1976 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
amandalouise, MickeyCheeky