Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 17, 2019 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Well... I don't know if what I struggle with could really be considered depression or not. (I've never actually been offered anything in the way of a real diagnosis. I do tend to score high on self-tests for it though.) I get up every day, get cleaned up & do what needs to be done. Sometimes I do more than needs to be done. But I also know that depression tends to manifest differently in men than it does in women. (Or at least so they say...) I'm fortunate that I actually prefer, & mostly eat, many of the types of foods listed on the chart you posted. I can't say that doing so has any particular effect on my mood. But then perhaps if I ate differently I'd be in worse shape than I am too. Anyway, thanks for reinforcing the fact that I'm eating a lot of the right stuff! Gee... all of a sudden I'm feeling hungry!
I thought the same thing. That if I wasn't eating many of these things I'd feel worse. I have mild depression now. If you read the chart you can see what each food does for chemicals in the brain, don't know if you saw that. I found it very interesting.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote