View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 17, 2019 at 09:20 PM

I'm in a townhouse, so I share walls on both sides with neighbors.

My neighbor on one side has two chihuahuas. And these things are like little demon mutts from the depths of... someplace very fiery.

They're fine when she's there, but when she goes out, if anything sets them off... they will literally bark for up to an hour straight before calming down, and there is no where in my house where I can escape the sound.

It is so frustrating.

We've talked about it, and she got a device to use when she's out late at night or traveling... after the bark for a few seconds, the device makes a sound and the dogs quiet down. Great! I'm honestly so incredibly grateful that she got this...

But yesterday, she left in the afternoon to get groceries. She was gone for 30 minutes, and they barked the entire time.

Today she was out helping a friend, and they barked for 45 minutes straight... as I lay in bed, with the beginnings of a migraine... I tried turning on the TV, but I could still hear them. I tried going into the office (further from the wall that we share, plus the computer makes white noise), and I could still hear them.

I sent her a note asking her, nicely, to make sure the device was still working and didn't need batteries, and she replied that she only uses it at night.

I understand why she wouldn't turn it on if she's just running out for groceries, but it's *maddening* - even if it's only 1pm - to have this inescapable noise that I can't escape from in my own home.

I ended up with a headache from it... that last for the last... oh 8 hours or so. Didn't get finished with my chores or cooking or anything, because I've been in pain most of the day.

I am so miserable. I guess I'm lucky that it's not every day, but omg.

I think I need to find some sort of dog whistle or something that is strong enough to go through the walls??? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I wish I could move, but I own my house, and no clue where I would go (things are expensive around here). I'm kind of hating my life right now.

Any other advice? Only other thing I can think of is to find someone that does soundproofing and see if they can do anything, at least for my bedroom... I think it would be worth it, but, ugh... cost.

thanks for listening. it just upsets me that she doesn't have to live with the barking... they're quiet when she's there... i wish she had to sit for 45 minutes listening to it too
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous50384, Goforward, Guiness187055, KD1980, LucyD, MickeyCheeky, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky