View Single Post
Anonymous45521
Anonymous45521 has no updates. Edit

Default Feb 18, 2019 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennie View Post
First of all, work is a professional environment, so you can't really expect your co-workers to listen to your personal problems, unless you have developed a friendship that extends beyond workplace.
And you don't need to continue to listen to their personal problems either if you don't want to.
It kind of feels like i have to. You must talk to co workers to do your job. But as I mentioned, I keep my office door closed and even shut my shades a little. But people just walk in anyway.

I can't really understand how this keeps happening to me. I went through a period a few years ago where I was friends with people I didn't really want to be. Eventually they betrayed me. And now we don't talk. I am grateful that I no longer have to speak with them (mostly because we don't have to work with each other).

And as soon as those people left me I got an entire new gaggle of people talking to me that aren't my friend... and they are just as disrespectful of the signs that I give them that I don't want to talk and just as unconcerned about me as a person.

I can push back hard but they will be annoyed with me. It seems that pushing back hard is the only option. Anything less than that seems to get them to refuse to stop.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949