sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 18, 2019 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
I never thought it would be like this... is this how it gets... I am at the point in my life were no one wants to hear me. NO ONE. No one wants to hear anything I have to say... no one cares at all.

I can't figure out how to get out of this pattern and also, what do I do?
Well I do not know if this is true or not but the easiest way to deal with it is to do your own thing and accept it. Since we cant change anyone its sometimes easier just to go about your business and not let it bother you and definitely do not act like it bothers you.
Quote:
Workmate #1: Last week I got called for a job interview and I didn't go to the interview. She said, with lots of gust-o, that I couldn't complain about my job anymore. Errr.. first, I hardly ever complain about my job. And err, mostly I only do that because I need to have something to say to her. She complains so much about her job she can't stop herself from walking into my office constantly -- when the door is closed. I mean literally she keeps going on about how it is DOD day -- door open day -- because a noisy co worker is gone and I smile and SHUT MY DOOR.
How does she know you had a job interview and how is it any of her business if you went? You do not have to talk to her and certainly do not reveal that you had an interview unless you want it getting back to your boss and then the boss will wonder...

Quote:
Workmate #2: The thing is... she is busy right now, but I cannot walk into her office without her doing all the talking or leaving. I am sitting there eating my lunch and she isn't even in the office. I can't help but think she just doesn't want to talk to me. This irritates me because it is over on the other side of the building so I can't get my work done while she is gone.
I do not understand why you cant do your work if she is gone. Especially if she does all the talking or walks out. That isnt a conversation anyway. The best thing is not to walk into her office unless you have to speak to her about a work related issue.

Quote:
Workmate #3: ok how do you say this.... she takes an SSRI medication and she is so spaced out she can hardly maintain a conversation and I am tired of her not being responsive to what I just said and scattered brained. I think it is the SSRI but she just doesn't give one lick about me - I am more and more sure of it.
It really isnt your business to worry about what medication she takes or what her issues are. Just look at her as someone who deserves compassion and let it be.

Quote:
The more I look around and try to find out the secret to people in my workplace surviving it seems like they have a strong family life. Sometimes I now wonder if that isn't the secret. They can be quite all day because when they go home they will have someone to truly listen to them. And they get it all out. But I don't have that... I thought, and it was this way when I was younger, I could have other people in work etc to listen, but I am not finding that. I am just finding users. I think, frankly, because I am single and they know it. So they feel i should be their dump ground and feel I am not worthy of anything going on with me.
I think you are focusing way to much on everyone else instead of focusing on yourself. I do not know if its something like you need acceptance of other people in order to feel good but you may have to change. Just go with the flow and remain quiet. The whole talking thing isnt working out anyway and if you remain quiet you can be assured that nothing you are doing has anything to do with what they are doing.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote