Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 18, 2019 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilloche View Post
Thanks everyone... I appreciate the support and feedback. I didn't sleep very well last night (no noise, but I was still holding on to the stress from this) and am just bleary and tired today.

rechu - Oh wow... all the noise you've had to deal with sounds crazy! I'm so glad you guys are getting your own house... it's kind of nuts, isn't it?

It is completely nuts! I have problems sleeping also from the stress of our living situation. One day my husband and I were having a beer out in our yard to destress after work. Our landlord had the TV on very loud. Then the choir started, and then the sawing. The trifecta! We couldn't even have a conversation.

That is why buying a detached house was a priority even if we had to move out of the city to afford one.There is a decent separation between houses and the house seems to have really good acoustic insulation. We tested it with the radio when we were out there yesterday. The new neighborhood has been quiet every time we visit.

We have dogs, but I work from home, so I can generally calm them down. A friend two doors down says that when alone they bark a bit at first, but calm down quickly. Or, they bark because the Jehova's Witnesses, someone selling stuff, etc. is wandering around. But all the dogs bark at that. Our current street is dead end with a gate, but no one closes the gate so random people enter. The new house is in a gated community and the living room looks over the back yard, so they won't even have much to bark at!
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guilloche