Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 18, 2019 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
So I have contacted 2 Psychologists to be retested. They mention on their website hypnosis. That is not necessary for testing is it? I am dead against hypnosis.
diagnostic testing for dissociative disorders is the same as any other testing. you will be meeting with the psychologist to just talk with them about your problems. then you will have some tests like you took in school, and tests where you answer the questions.

no hypnosis is not part of diagnostic testing. when you see that on treatment providers websites its just one of the many services they offer... example some offer DBT, CBT and some are certified for hypnosis and some are qualified to offer non traditional holistic therapies.

for the testing just tell the truth and dont try to second guess or exaggerate or try to manipulate the tests. if you do the psychologist will know, the testing process for mental disorders has validity scores, and scores that rate your responses including things like whether you hesitate to answer, fidget, appear to be one way but your answers are conflicting with what your body language, tone of voice.

for DID and other dissociative disorders they will be looking for things that are ......not ......found online.

they wont be looking at whether you switched into an alter in front of them, anyone can pretend to be an alter given access to youtube videos.

they will be looking at other accompanying symptoms that are not posted about on the internet, that only those who have the disorder actually go through, stuff that cant be learned through books, movies, video clips and researching the internet.

for example the testing psychologist will be looking for things like ...
"consistency / continuity" (dissociative disorders actually have consistency and continuity)
"sense of agency"
"testing scales" some have 5 some have 20 different scales built into the testing process.

the testing psychologist since you have already in the past been diagnosed with a dissociative disorder that no longer exists they will be looking at the diagnostics, symptoms and disorders that you wont have access to. the ones where the diagnosis's are not found online, in books or movies or in youtube video clips. things like 12 letter disorders starting with abc or xyz (purposely not posting the disorders since you do have a problem with hypochondria. after the psychologist diagnoses you with the mental disorders they will be explaining to you what the actual disorders names are and why you were diagnosed as that mental disorder you cant find in the DSM, ICD or on the internet or in youtube videos with out knowing the name of the disorder before being diagnosed with it)

my point is the psychologist will know whether you are trying to manipulate or be a disorder that you may be researching. so the best thing to do is be your self and take the testing honestly.

lets put it this way I know someone who asked questions on the internet and tried to get others to tell them things and those things were not on the tests and they got diagnosed with fictitious disorder imposed on self. then they had to retake the test and the second time around they did the test honestly and got the correct diagnosis.

You have been having such a hard time with trying to figure things out that I dont want this to happen to you.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Rive1976