Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 18, 2019 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
Someone told me I had to see a medical doctor as well? Is this true? I already had a MRI 6 months ago that was normal. Also how long does this test take? Am I going to be in there for hours or is it something I have to do over a months time? I want to be retested but my old psychologist wont. So I will be going to someone for that while seeing my therapist. Then when my therapist leaves for vaca I will be going back to old Psychologist. She got doctor of the year in 2017. Or maybe I will start fresh with a new Psychologist until my therapist gets back. So I am trying to figure out time frames so my insurance will cover everybody.
how long the testing process is depends upon how honest you are, how long it takes you to answer the oral and written questions, how scheduling for the test appointments work out. what the psychologists schedule is, which of the many tests they decide to give you given what your past diagnosis are, cultural background is, and many other factors.

then after you do the testing process it takes time for the psychologist to send out the tests to get scored at special computer scoring companies that treatment providers use, what that scoring companies back log is, .....

my point is it takes how ever long it takes. this isnt something you can go in and do a test in an hour and get a diagnosis right away. it can take a very long time.

will you have medical tests, that depends upon what your own answers are. there are some physical health problems that share the same problems as many mental disorders. in order to diagnose these medical tests have to be done to rule out the problem being medical.

most people sign release of information forms so that the psychologist/ psychiatrist can get copies of the medical files which saves time and having to do medical tests.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky