View Single Post
Michael W. Harris

Member Since Nov 2016
130 hugs
given
Default Feb 18, 2019 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysChanging2 View Post
I think that I made a break through (aha) on understanding amnesia by talking on FB about it as to what it truly is as it is experienced by me, not by what I thought.

I’ve often wrote that I am aware of something happens when not present, but that’s not true because of perception. I perceive it as I always being conscious by saying the lights are always on which is true to me, but the missing memories say other wise of which I’m not aware of.

There are so many blanks in my day that my mind just glosses over them paying them no mind which leads to the feeling of not missing any time or memory which is our normal.

This really just helps me to understand what’s really happening because knowing oneself can be difficult at times with misconceptions based on personal definitions and conclusions.

Is this important? Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. Amnesia has always been a tricky thing to nail down.

Anyways, “I see” said the blind person.

It is a fact that we have amnesia for the amnesia. Most of us are not idiots. If we knew that we were having amnesia we would have told someone way back when. In my case I cannot remember any long periods when I was away. I have recovered some memories of the short times when I was away and acted differently. I have also figured out that if the people in my life would communicate with me knowing that I was having memory loss, I might could recall some of the forgotten stuff! Unfortunately for me I never had any close loved ones who understood the memory problem and most did not give a s--t anyway.

But this is why I believe that focusing on the memory problem is more important than focusing on how different the personalities are or how many different personalities there are. I know that I can act different every time I switch into this hypnotic or semi-hypnotic state.
Michael W. Harris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote