View Single Post
Michael W. Harris

Michael W. Harris has no updates.

5 yr Member
130 hugs
given
Default Feb 18, 2019 at 09:02 PM

I am sixty-three now. I am in an assisted living facility for poor veterans. I will never be normal. I will never get any closure on this mental illness now. I have never had anyone to talk to about this mental illness. Posting on this site is it!

My Mom and Brother messed me up so bad as a child I did not have a clue that I was being abused. My Mom began telling me that it was normal for older brothers to "pick-on" their younger brothers when I was about two to two and one-half. By the time I was five I totally believed that it was normal for my brother to abuse me. My Dad was a work-a-holic medical doctor. He would not have tolerated any serious physical abuse of me but he did not pay attention to anything else. In fact he never talked to me at all.

So I had no adult to protect me or to explain the situation to me. I know that if I could have removed my emotions from the situation my brothers physical abuse would not have traumatized me so badly!

It never entered my brain to tell a preacher, teacher, or another adult that I was being abused. I totally shut down.

So now I am bitter about my family, life, and I am seriously mad at the mental health professions. Can't help it.
Michael W. Harris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48690