View Single Post
ArtleyWilkins
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2019 at 12:43 AM

My pdoc was well aware of particular generics that just did not work well for some patients (and there was no real way to predict who would be bothered). He had seen enough issues with certain meds that he specified brand name for those particular meds. I went through the whole Wellbutrin debacle years ago where even the FDA pulled the generics off the shelves (landed me in the hospital), so I learned that even a change in generic manufacturers can be a problem (again, for certain people for certain generics).

Eventually, we figured out which generic manufacturers worked okay for me and my pdoc actually specified the manufacturer for the generic. Pharmacy wasn't happy about having to order specifically, but they did.

Let you pdoc know what you are experiencing so he can specific brand name for geodon for you. He'll probably have to document your reaction (and you can actually document it with the FDA -- there's a website for that somewhere) so that insurance will cover you, but it would be worth doing. In the meantime, you pdoc may have samples of the brand name while the insurance thing gets straightened out.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote