View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Feb 19, 2019 at 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jimi- View Post
It's strange really, when other groups hurt others, bipolars on manic highs, borderline people, autistic kids, we always find excuse for them. Everyone with MI hurts others, one way or the other.

They would call it slander if there was one article every time in the newsletter how to get rid of your useless borderline partner...

Anyone getting my point YET?
Hello Jimi,

I read your posts here on the thread. You sound very upset. I am sorry that you are struggling. I am a bit confused about something as someone who has cared for folks living on the autism spectrum...why are you conflating sociopathy, psychopathy, narcissistic personality disorder, and Asperger's?

Each one of those problems is different from the next though it could be argued that the first three I listed share some traits. However, I don't see a correlation between the first three I listed and Asperger's. Did I misunderstand you? NPD is very different from Asperger's. Having difficulty developing a theory of mind or struggling with what Hallahan labeled as "the hidden curriculum" or the "invisible curriculum" is not the same as NPD. The folks I have met living on the spectrum had their own troubles (as we all do) but they did not present similarly to folks living with NPD. Was someone trying to convince you otherwise? Did I miss a piece?

With regard to articles, I recommend finding a source you respect and appreciate. Continue to tune into that one. There are all sorts of unhealthy and unhelpful messages on the internet. I believe that one of our tasks in modern life is to develop strong filters and sift through the useful and nonsensical. For example, I am an immigrant. Within thirty seconds online, I could find all sorts of horrible comments or assumptions about immigrants. There's no value for me in reading other people's xenophobic biases so I don't. In the non-PC world, when I encounter people who despise immigrants I make it a point to spend as little time with them as possible. That's just one example. I imagine you'd want to do the same when you encounter people who lack empathy for those living on the spectrum.

I hope this helps. If you are feeling targeted or alienated by someone, I hope you have a good support system. Are you open to talking with a therapist? I have found therapy valuable at several points in my life.

I wish you peace

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady