View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Feb 19, 2019 at 02:45 AM

It does help me be less anxious and sleep better but makes it much harder to orgasm and feel emotions. Last May, I was first prescribed (50 mg) but then asked to be on the lowest recommended dose (25 mg sertraline daily). At the time, a traumatic event happened which was making me unable to stop crying and I was being too emotionally reactive towards my family. It did bring these painful emotions under control bv numbing them. Unfortunately, it numbed all of my emotions. It did numb my fear emotion which made me made it easier for me to tell people what they didn't want to hear. This was useful in my part time security job and during my temporary call center job. My H felt like it made me smarter--I think he got this impression simply because I would speak what was on my mind to him without as many filters. However, I also felt less empathy toward people in distress. I feel less creative on it -- I think this is because I don't ruminate much on it. I think having a lot of background rumination actually sometimes helps us solve problems "unconciously"--this is why, when I a trying to figure out a problem (such as coming up with a fun activity to go along with the week's lessons when I was a teacher)--I would sleep on it or take a walk and that is when good ideas would "pop" into my head. So, for me, if you have a boring, routine job that requires little thinking--it might make you handle that better but if you are in a job where you need to write and generate original ideas--it will kill your ability to do this. Recently, I cut my dose back to half of the 25 mg pill for a month and haven't taken any for a couple of days--now I am thinking a lot more (I am back to daydreaming more), my sex life is better but I also woke up a 2 AM this morning. Without it, my insomnia (my insomnia is not usually because I can't fall asleep, but because I wake way too early and am up for the day) has returned. Sometimes, you have to pick your poison based on what is going on in your life.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote