OliverB is a pill

8 yr Member
589 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2019 at 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblackdog View Post
Current psychiatrist (who I saw for only the second time today) seems pretty disinterested (I think he is annoyed because I don't want ECT). He said it is up to me which one i want to try. If I go for agomelatine I will need blood tests first and am a little concerned about the risk of liver damage as I am obese but then the side-effects from the antipsychotics I tried before were pretty awful so I am kind of between a rock and a hard place...
Lurasidone is considered by some as a weigth neutral AP, and according to this article, it doesn't mess up with carb or lipids metabolism:

Lurasidone: a clinical overview. - PubMed - NCBI

If you are worried about sedation and similar side effects, since AP tends to work quicker than AD, there is the possibility of trying the AP first, see how it goes, and if it doesn't work then try the AD.

Anyway, as far as I have found here:

Agomelatine liver damage usually is reversible:

A systematic review of agomelatine-induced liver injury

(Most of AD has some liver damage risk)

May I ask you why your pdoc wants you to try ETC before exhausting all pharmacological posibilities?

Meds: bye bye meds
CPTSD and some sort of depression and weird perceptions

"Outwardly: dumbly, I shamble about, a thing that could never have been known as human, a
thing whose shape is so alien a travesty that humanity becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance."
I have no mouth and I must scream -Harlan Ellison-

Last edited by OliverB; Feb 19, 2019 at 04:48 AM..
OliverB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote