Blueberrybook has no updates.

5 yr Member
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2019 at 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
I just read an article on my apple news feed. This is a bit outside the box, but here goes. A father was remembering how he used to get his child to go to sleep when she was a baby. He found that rubbing her back 100 times , slowly and rhythmically, I imagine was very effective and it made him relax as well. Massage releases endorphins, so this makes sense. There is a lot of massage music on You Tube.
Maybe that would work. Truthfully, my daughter has never been a good sleeper. She never slept through the night as a baby, maybe not even most of the time as a 1 year old. I always had to nurse her to get her to sleep or to fall back to sleep, and naps, just forget it. Not even nursing helped with that. But she did teethe very young (1st tooth at 3 months), so that could have been part of the issue. Wouldn't nap as a pre-schooler, and her sleep seems to be getting worse. I am concerned too because I was never a good sleeper, had horrible insomnia (don't remember ever not having sleep difficulties except while on psych meds). And I've heard difficulty sleeping can be associated with psych issues later on. I am bipolar, it runs on my mom's side of the family, again and again, and I worry my sleep problems may have meant there was something to look out for, though again, I had a lot of other issues that are common in eating disorders, and I was always a highly anxious, worried child, and I'm afraid my daughter has a lot of anxiety as well, and she really gets so anxious she is crying the later it gets and she still hasn't fallen asleep and has school the next day. I never got that worked up I was crying about my insomnia, even if it had me highly anxious. But crying, whimpering off and on from midnight until nearly 5 AM (getting increasingly worse), which was when I finally gave in and had her take children's Benadryl, which thankfully worked.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost