View Single Post
Calypso2632

Member Since Jun 2015
99 hugs
given
Default Feb 19, 2019 at 10:09 PM

I've been struggling with drinking for years. I started drinking around 13, heavily around 15, and constantly at 21. I had periods of sober time in my life tho not many. A few days or weeks here and there. Sometimes 30 days, occasionally 60. Right now I'm over 4 months sober. I don't remember what day I decided it was the time to just lady up and cut the crap already. I was sick of what I was doing. Sick of the person I had become. That was not me!! And now I watch my boyfriend get drunk every day. Yes we met as drinkers and I chose to quit but he tells me he wants to stop too. We argue over it all the time. Not necessarily the booze but how he treats me when he's drunk. It's not fun. But when he's sober.. totally different man. Alcohol is the devil. I used to say this every day waking up with a hangover. Those are gone now. I find my mental clarity is vastly improved since I stopped the drink. I also stopped almost all the psych meds too. I'm no longer foggy headed, sleeping 18 hours a day, depressed, my anxiety has decreased, overall since cutting alcohol and meds out I feel SO much better. My head and emotional state is clearer than it has been in years. I see my psychiatrist on Thursday. First time since I've stopped drinking and cut the meds. I wonder if she will register as much improvement as I feel? I took my Cna recertification test on February 14 and am waiting for the results. Major anxiety happening over that!! But I do feel I'm ready to head back to work and rejoin society.

Hugs from:
Bill3, Loial

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Loial