View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 20, 2019 at 11:53 AM

Im wondering if they wont test you because they cant test you....

you posted that you asked them to test you for OSDD. there is no test called the OSDD test. when people here in NY ask for a specific mental disorder test they are usually denied because that tells the psychiatrist a person may want that disorder and wont settle for anything less.

testing for mental disorders is a "whole battery of tests" they test for all mental disorders not just one. you cant just walk in a psychologist office and say I want the test for OSDD. because there is no one test called the OSDD test.

to be tested you will have to ask for "psychiatric evaluation for mental disorders"

also on feb 16th in another board says you have recently been diagnosed with a mental disorder that you dont want to reveal in the post....

this is what you posted 2 days before this thread here....

found May trigger thoughts

I have recently been diagnosed with something but am looking for unbiased opionions so I wont be sharing that. On a daily basis I have random thoughts. These are NOT auditory hallucinations. I call it chatter. Here is some of the chatter I have had in one day.

1) I dont want to be touched
2) We were molested like 5 times
3) I want to die
4) I want to be touched
5) I dont want to be stabbed in the stomach ( out of the blue, no trigger)
6) I wonder how so and so is doing ( and I could have cared less)

What could this be?

my point is since you just got diagnosed with something that you are not wanting to tell us about that may also be why you can not get retested now. its too soon. treatment providers do testing usually on a yearly basis not 2 days after getting a diagnosis you many not like.

Im with betty here. it's time to take a breath, relax and talk with your treatment providers. give them a chance to treat you rather then searching, researching and trying to get a diagnosis that you want...

none of us wants any mental disorders, let alone what our treatment providers tell us we have. in the end all we can do is accept that they have diagnosed us and move on to treatment. the way out of the diagnosis we dont agree with is working with treatment providers.

bottom line is we can not tell you what is going on in you. you will need to work with your treatment providers.

they will explain to you what your new diagnosis is and why they have diagnosed you with what ever it is you are not telling us about.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana