View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 20, 2019 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyLost1211 View Post
Having difficulty developing a theory of mind or struggling with what Hallahan labeled as "the hidden curriculum" or the "invisible curriculum" is not the same as NPD. The folks I have met living on the spectrum had their own troubles (as we all do) but they did not present similarly to folks living with NPD.

With regard to articles, I recommend finding a source you respect and appreciate. Continue to tune into that one. There are all sorts of unhealthy and unhelpful messages on the internet. I believe that one of our tasks in modern life is to develop strong filters and sift through the useful and nonsensical.
I'm sorry you only met aspies with no theory of mind. Most I meet do have this.

I think we need both read things we like but not totally fall into the trap of confirmation bias. We actually do need to read other things, we will be more prepared then meeting them in real life. You need to know both your friends and enemies.

Also I think people who have been victimized need more than a 2 minute article. Everything should go so fast these days. Like read ten steps and you will not be depressed anymore. Um, really?

I'm an article writer myself, for a site located in my country. Right now I'm doing one called "Sleep is not a habit". I should work on that instead of whining here.

But I know most of us have a day or so when we just had too much.