View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2019 at 03:45 PM

Yes, I had a bit of that stuff thrown at me on chat... myself and another woman left the chatroom. Partly I think that both women and men can go through phases of blaming the other gender, or different races, or however you frame your identify you can blame the other person... and there isn't much that can be said or done until you take back responsibility. It's a personal working through.

I feel comforted by SarahSweets and TravellingLady commenting.

I find a lot lacking in men in my city (women too). I want to meet people with some depth and sense of responsibility. Actually both men and women are super obsessed with looks, but most people actually live like robots - completely exhausted by the cost of their commute and their work. They have to find value somewhere - and looks is what the shops offer them.

I'm hoping to move to somewhere that people can be entrepreneurs or craftspeople. That takes a different kind of attitude and person. I want to be encouraged to take positive action in life. I want men who take action on their spirituality, their emotional life, their material life, their community life - and who encourage me to do likewise.

So that's my rant.
PC seems to allow quite a lot of leeway on some things and no leeway on others, but every social group has to decide where to set limits. No worries, just glad to know women can share their views too.

I don't feel the need to tub-thump every time some man acts aggressive, and that's a measure of feeling secure.

Saidso

P.S. My comment about identity and blaming may be specific to where I live, and because someone drew my attention to a book about how this pans out on social media. Identity... when it becomes a cover for acting badly rather than coming from being valued by your peers, and from gratitude.

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!

Hugs from:
sarahsweets, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
healingme4me, sarahsweets, Travelinglady