View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 21, 2019 at 11:16 AM

I agree that no one should vilify someone based on gender or paint over everything with a wide brush. But in particular- that thread- contains some seriously misogynistic things that I found offensive. I replied and then was advised that women are not allowed there so I deleted my post. I think it bothers me because so often its ok to complain about women in a very sexist way with offensive references to women destroying the family because we want equality(stereotype), not resigning ourselves to be satisfied with raising a family and being good wives (stereotype), Having a voice and opinion often seen as "bit**ing and whining (stereotype).

Here are a few tidbits:
Quote:
Like most radical groups their call for equality is actually a call for domination , and like other extremist groups , you ignore the nutters and let them get on with their sad insignificant existence .
Quote:
I have been treated so badly by modern feminists that I no longer want female friends. The abuse is unrelenting and they really can't do anything, ANYTHING better than men. They are petty and too emotionally driven. Frankly, the patrimony they are seeking to destroy was a much, much better world for everyone. There is no law that says a woman has to get married and start a family. I hope that laws protecting men's rights are passed because they are really needed.
Quote:
Men are not obsolete........it’s just that radical feminists think they are just as equal to men in ways that are just not true. They are the ones who are destroying the nucleus of the family which holds civilization together.
Raising a family and taking care of children is probably one if not the hardest job in the world. The feminists have trivialized that role. We all have “ roles” to playin life. People in general, men and women , make the false assumption that we are all equal. Maybe as basic human beings , but that’s where it ends. We are not all equal. That’s reality. I don’t like seeing any human being mistreated.
Male or female. Want to end here with this statement, “ women already rule the world , and they know it. “
I am not saying that there are no stereotypes about men and that men do not suffer, but I am saying that male opinions are not automatically chalked up to them being too emotional and therefore invalid. Men are not usually told what they should expect and want in life, or accused of destroying the family unit. Feminism is demonized- like in order for someone to be a feminist they have to want to make men obsolete, dominate the world, and take everything away from men.
Statistically speaking men have always had the advantage in just about everything. I love men. I am a "housewife". I went to college and got a BA in Lit but stopped working when I had kids. I stayed home with them and I still cook dinner every night. I am responsible for the family schedule and making appointments. Hell I pack my husband's lunch for him everyday even though he is perfectly capable of doing it himself. I do these things because I want to. My kids are now 23,19 and 15 and I am facing the fact that I have no professional career for myself and deciding if I want to go back to school to be a teacher. I chose to make my family my priority but my husband wouldn't even blink if I stopped packing his lunch or relegated some of the 'wifely' things to him.

President of the no F's given society.

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
healingme4me, Travelinglady