View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Feb 21, 2019 at 02:58 PM

P.S. Sarahsweets - in my city we have a feminist discussion group led by a man. I feel confused by this, because he is hard core about "making" other men who might attend the meetings "adhere to the principles of feminism". I am so scared that I might put a foot wrong myself that I haven't yet attended the discussion, only some of the movies. I have been too scared to ask him why he does this.

But it is interesting, and it makes me remember real feminist times when my peers were all experimenting with gender and sexual identities.

I'm not sure whether you are blaming men that you stayed at home and brought up your children. Seems to me that my own personal life choices came down to chance just as much as gender inequalities. I suppose people could say that I'm not emotional enough for a woman - blaming me for being unlike the stereotype. I don't have enough of the female role stereotype thingy for men to admire me as a woman?

Seems like we all get cornered by stereotypes whether we inadvertently correspond or don't correspond - but then I've been blessed to know so many un-stereotypical women in my life.

It does get tricky when you become parents of children, however.

Most of my life has conditioned by nothing more fancy than the need for "a roof over my head and bread on the table".

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!