View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 21, 2019 at 05:24 PM

Thank you, I try to be a good friend because I know she's not socially awkward on purpose. She longs for friends, she is very sociable, not like me, I'm more the content being alone aspie. So yea I draw some lines for esp online communication. If I don't watch it she monologues for several hours. She is nice though, when I say I have to go she doesn't try to guilt me into staying.

I tried to have her go to a group, but she didn't wanna, I sort of understand, because they are more aspies and finds them bossy. Not all of us, but enough to not wanna go. She is very cautious with new people. And then gets sad when she was too afraid to jump in.

She wants to be grown up as she calls it for life to be easier, and not feel shame, but she really doesn't understand at the same time. I made myself an example to make it easier, but she doesn't get that building blocks can make aspergers. She understands that I am different socially. That I can be strange around people. Or misunderstand. And am quite fidgety. And are really good with some stuff and really bad with others. And that I have strong interests I know a lot about. And so on. She understands all parts.

But when I explain all those parts are all my way of having aspergers, I lose her. She asks which of the examples is the real aspergers, and I sat All of them together. She said that's not possible or she can't understand. Connecting dots impossible.

I want her to have what I had, finding a group and talk to them and be like "I feel that too!" I just don't know where to find them.

Too bad she can't go to information meetings that are formal. Maybe I can find something informal.

The worst thing is she thinks I'm normal so she can't relate to me. Me normal??? NoOoOo lol.

I will remember any input because my mind came to a full stop now and I'm really happy about ideas.

Hugs from:
Travelinglady, unaluna