Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
863 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 21, 2019 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbolic View Post
Frustrated. I saw a psychiatrist earlier today and it didn't go well. I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't essentially "There's nothing wrong with you. You created your own problems, and it's up to you to solve them. Good luck." I need help and didn't get it, so I'll seek help elsewhere. No point dwelling on it.
Psychiatrists are a strange type of human.I think saying there is nothing wrong with you when you go to them to seek help and that you created your own problem and it is up to you to solve them is kind of abusive.We are here on earth in my view to help each other out,if it were not for mental health care and help I would not be here.I created a problem due to hoarding where I had so much stuff in my house and it was a disorganised mess and I was ill and did not have the physical strength to move it out of the house.I couldn't live their either cos it made me upset and confused and mentally ill to see all the clutter......so I called for help and they took me to hospital and the psychiatrist there didn't turn me away he let me stay in hospital and got me help to go to my house every day and sort it a little bit at a time,until my head was straight again and my house was livable. So you see I created the problem but without help I wouldn't have been able to solve it.Keep seeking help Symbolic and you will eventually find a psychiatrist who knows how to help you and is willing to do so.Not all of them care some of them are in the profession cos it gets them a six bedroomed house and a mercedes car in the car park!

Thanks for this!
guilloche, Symbolic