View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 22, 2019 at 01:04 PM

So my visit with the GP to get the stitches taken out of my SH wound wasn't half bad yesterday. A) she didn't ask me if I wanted a Pap Smear...although for some reason she did ask me last year when I had broken my ankle and it was hugely swollen, and I was like, woman, take care of my ankle! B) She was really nice when she was taking out the stitches. She kept asking me if I was okay (I was...I was mostly taking notes so I could do it myself next time!) Then she put steri-strips on it because she said it's still fragile. And not to move my arm too much. Um. Okay. C) She took me back to the consultation room and asked me if I was doing okay, if I was planning on hurting myself, if I had thoughts of hurting myself, if I had seen my psychiatrist, if he had done anything with the medication. All in all, I felt like she really cared about me. And then she said..."If you feel like that again call the ambulance." Oh yeah right. Like I'm going to have the call the ambulance every other day if that was the case. But I know she was trying to be supportive and trying to give me options that didn't involve me hurting myself. She ordered lab work (which I figured as it has been a year since I've been in her office) and I have a follow up appointment mid March. I already made the lab appointment today, it's for next Saturday. So I'm being good and following doctor's orders! Except I already took the steri-strips off because half of them were peeling and they were really just annoying. At this point it's just going to heal however it is going to heal. It probably will look better than some of the ones I didn't go to the hospital for. I feel a little fragile today, and maybe anxious? But relieved that the appointment went well. HUGS to anyone who wants one! Kit

I forgot to add I had to get the stitches taken out early because the doctor's office called and moved up my appointment. Thus the need for the steri-strips.

Last edited by SlumberKitty; Feb 22, 2019 at 03:19 PM..
SlumberKitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous59908, Bill3, Fuzzybear, mote.of.soul

Thanks for this!
Bill3