View Single Post
CrystalGirlx
CrystalGirlx has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Feb 22, 2019 at 06:52 PM

Alcohol definitely contributes to the over consumption of food. I became an alcoholic due to my depression, and I would often binge eat when drinking. It was my comfort way to deal with my issues. I would wake up sometimes and not remember having consumed MASSIVE quantities of food. I went from about 130 pounds to 160 in about a year. Now I am pregnant and I am absolutely kicking myself for destroying my body and putting my health in jeopardy so that I now have to gain on top of an unhealthy weight for my height.

I haven't drank in 5 months due to my pregnancy, so I automatically turned back to over eating. What I have done to curb this is to make sure I drink PLENTY of water, believe it or not dehydration can cause you to binge eat. I also eat throughout the day, and I try to healthy foods with lower calories but that are filling so I can eat well...a lot. I still constantly think about food, eating, and miss drinking but I have gone a while without binging.

Today

6 am: Cheerios. I use whole milk, diet/low calorie options don't have proper nutrients.

9 am: Hummus on wheat bread packed with vegetables.

11:30 am: portion of pasta (maaaybbee two)

5 pm: Extremely large salad.

Then later on if I want, I have a dessert of my choosing. I also try to drink water with every meal. When I was skipping breakfasts or saving myself for one large calorie dense meal I ended up binge eating. Like the last time I over ate I had ordered a chicken parm entree and the last time I ate was a HUGE sandwich at 9 am. I said to myself I was only going to eat a portion, but ended up just eating the entire meal. Then, I went for more in my fridge. More. More. More. Until I was so full I felt sick and ended up vomiting. Me personally once I over eat, I just keep going because I subconsciously figure "hey well ya messed up already". Eating more frequent meals, smaller portions, less calorie dense options, more water, and that has largely curbed it. It's important to make yourself feel "full". You can enjoy food without over eating or without starving yourself.

Also... LIMIT YOUR DRINKING. I can relate to the emptiness. I feel despair when I wake up knowing just the other day I ate an five slices of pizza, a bowl of pasta, cake, a breakfast sandwich, etc. I want to eat again, and the cycle continues.

I have accepted that I use it as an outlet, but I have been trying to make smarter choices about it and indulge without going crazy.
CrystalGirlx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote