beauflow
-------no titles please--

beauflow As usual... lost in the cosmic chaos

10 yr Member
15.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Day 36 going on 37 - there has been some days this week that I have forgotten to put on a patch first thing thing in the morning, as I am not wanting a cig- or am feeling chaotic enough in my head that I would go smoke... When I get to that point, I usually realize I did not put on a patch.

WIth the patch therapy, since I had slacked off on smoking from a pack a day, I am doing the Step 2 for 6 weeks, and then the step 3 2 weeks (or whatever it said, I am not at that stage yet so will re-read when I am- which will be next Friday starting week 6). ((I have had issues with skin problems and other things with step 1 so that is why I had tried to slack off on smoking cigs before step 2 patch was put on))--

I obviously above confessed some issues in this thread, to the point that my friend (ex but friend) wanted me to check in to some where.. but then again, I do have other issues besides the smoking addiction... My POINT Is that- I am still going, still trying to stay quit.

I have gained some weight, I checked in with my general doc as another issue has arose, but smoking would not have helped it.
Doc is not concerned with weight gain at this time and agrees my priorities right now are on track- stay quit, check on issue that brought me into her office recently, and work on weight to come.

At any rate, I wanted to note to any one reading, that may be thinking of quitting-- that while we are all different- but I wrote what I wrote, partially because if someone else goes through similar-- you are not alone... it is rough.

My ex/my Friend, he too smokes still, but he has been slacking off while I stay away from them.. I talked last night with him, asking him if he ever thought on why he smokes, and yes it is hard-- but I found it helped to realize why I smoked.

Also putting reasons on why to quit that are valid solid concerns to me.

At any rate-- hugs and well thoughts- I had hoped others would join this thread, but that is ok.

I wish you all the best.