View Single Post
LifelongLoner

LifelongLoner It's the same old, same old. And, I do mean old!

5 yr Member
93 hugs
given
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Is hoarding an OCD issue?

I have so many books and cans of food. I buy too much and they are taking up space. I can't bring myself to throw anything away.

I think I do this because I grew up poor and deprived. But, this stuff is taking up too much space. It seems that I'd rather buy things than go out and do things or meet new people. Granted, many people have treated me badly over the years. So much so that I am nearly a recluse. It seems that I have issues on top of issues and they overwhelm my life. And, I seek security - maybe too much and have a very bad track record when I take risks.

I wish I were more fun. It seems that as a child I never learned to play as I was deprived of toys and playmates because my mother wanted me to grow up to be her caretakes. The damage runs very deep and I've never made much progress in my personal life or career. I am very afraid to leave my apartment and I dread going outside. This problems is getting worse rather than better. I have put a stop to buying new things like clothes and shoes but that's not enough.
LifelongLoner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48850, sadveiledbride, Skeezyks, unaluna