View Single Post
CrystalGirlx

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 01:18 PM

So I got a DWI back in October and my case is STILL pending. My attorney passed away, so this put it off almost another three months until a replacement was designated. My problem is that my BAC was SUPER high...like .17. I got pregnant shortly after my DWI, and I haven't drank since then.

I am worried, as people are telling me that because of my bac I may get referred out for "additional treatment" where you go once a week at $60 a visit. Sometimes more if they feel it is necessary.

I am now 5 months pregnant. My biggest fear at this point is having to attend these sessions now while I am heavily pregnant. They are located in a really bad area with a high crime rate. I am already looking at a 7 month license suspension and I ended up having to give up my seat in nursing school because I wasn't sure when I was going to lose my license....it just sucks. I was also set to take a nurses aide course which would have raised my pay by $5 an hour at my job...but I again had to not take it because I wasn't sure when I was going to lose my license. I wanted to start looking for a higher paying job because of the baby, but I can't now because of my transportation issue. It just keeps getting pushed further and further and extended out past my due date.

My state offers absolutely no conditional license. I thankfully have my parents who can drive me too and from work, but the stress is destroying me.

BTW I come from a state where DWIs are not considered crimes. I have no criminal record, just a loss of driving privileges.
CrystalGirlx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky