View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 01:48 PM

Are you using a public defender? I ask because unfortunately they are often bogged down with a lot of cases and do not always have the time to fight for you. My case was very different though. I hit a curb and tried to make it home on a flat. Cops followed me home and gave me a sobriety test. I failed because I am a klutz. They put my in cuffs and took me to the station. They breathlysed me and no alcohol. They asked me what meds I took and I didnt know my rights and just told them all the psyche meds I was on. They were sure I was under the influence and charged me with it anyway. Never arrested me, never mirandized me. I had to hire a lawyer who had to get me an independent expert to attest that these meds did not impair me. I was able to plead it down to careless driving but still lost my license for 30 days. Had my mom not gotten me this lawyer I know that the PD would not have done what this guy had done for me. Either way if its your first offense I wonder if you agree to go to AA meetings and the fact that you are sober now might give you some sort of credit that you are not a habitual offender. Is this your first one?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky