View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 06:18 PM

Started stupid period today. It was late to start and now has a lot of brown spotting (sorry, TMI). It got me worried enough I bought a pregnancy test. I was a couple days late and had pink/brown spotting when I got pregnant with my daughter. H and I have not used birth control since I got my copper IUD removed around 2010 to try for a second baby. Secondary infertility, they determined after a year or so of good timing and no pregnancy, and neither of us wanted the stress and strain and cost of fertility treatment. Paid a couple extra dollars to get the store brand digital test (hate squinting at lines, wondering if you really see something or are just imagining it). Negative test. Starting to feel too old if I should get pregnant at 41, not to mention all the meds I am on. Thinking the overexercise (running) and/or weight loss may be making my cycle get wonky. Doubt it’s peri menopause; my mom was 60, maybe 61 when she started menopause.

Got up late today because H and I had to spend yesterday evening/early night cleaning the dust off the refrigerator coils behind the refrigerator because the refrigerator had stopped running. I think that fixed it. It was a huge pain though, had to remove everything from the fridge so H could pull it out from the built in nook, which is the size of the standard refrigerator in the 1970s, so a very cramped space on top of the kitchen being a galley kitchen.

Went to a math competition for my daughter this AM. She won 2nd place for her grade level, out of around 45 kids from all the district elementary schools (around 7 schools). She’s got those sensory issues, but in things like math, she is highly gifted.

Spent most of the afternoon reading. I will have to cook dinner soon and don’t want to. If it were just me, I’d make a sandwich or eat soup or something. I hate, hate, hate meal planning and cooking and buying groceries, but especially cooking, meal times just keep coming around and around and around again.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost