healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison

Member Since Apr 2013
4,168 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 06:54 PM

Reminds me of the online wars when my then husband and I were looking at the numbers and sorting through long term goals with the kids. I was working full time 52weeks a year when my oldest was born. Daycare was $297/week at that time. There was no price/bundle deal for 2 kids in daycare. Was $600/week even going to be worth it? Could budgets be adjusted to stay home? Was the extra few dollars(well I think closer to $50) a month at that time worth the aggregation? Wouldn't it be better to be there for the kids? Not have to dip into unpaid fmla time when called out for fevers etc?
So stay at home it was. I became pregnant just as I was handing in my resignation anyways with baby #3. I had had a lengthy maternity leave with baby #2 and had a true taste for what being home would feel like.
Even now I work school hours and I do really enjoy being here for them especially entering the teen years which was a very huge part of that stay home discussion.
I see so many before and after school programs along with summer programs for working families and that's a fair means to ensuring kids are safe and occupied.
But judgement...I've no room for at all.
I wouldn't judge a working mom as I don't know her details and I certainly wouldn't judge a mom home either as I don't know hers either.
Tossing who contributes what when and where to taxes and society?? Are they out of their minds?
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Anonymous57363