View Single Post
CrystalGirlx

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Are you using a public defender? I ask because unfortunately they are often bogged down with a lot of cases and do not always have the time to fight for you. My case was very different though. I hit a curb and tried to make it home on a flat. Cops followed me home and gave me a sobriety test. I failed because I am a klutz. They put my in cuffs and took me to the station. They breathlysed me and no alcohol. They asked me what meds I took and I didnt know my rights and just told them all the psyche meds I was on. They were sure I was under the influence and charged me with it anyway. Never arrested me, never mirandized me. I had to hire a lawyer who had to get me an independent expert to attest that these meds did not impair me. I was able to plead it down to careless driving but still lost my license for 30 days. Had my mom not gotten me this lawyer I know that the PD would not have done what this guy had done for me. Either way if its your first offense I wonder if you agree to go to AA meetings and the fact that you are sober now might give you some sort of credit that you are not a habitual offender. Is this your first one?

I do not have a public defender. My attorney was working on me getting 3 months, instead of the standard 7 months for my BAC due to trying to get my stop thrown out or something and he post poned it for another month to do more research and then well...died. I have no idea who this new guy is, and I am hoping that he can get me a good deal. Unfortunately when alcohol actually is involved, it is pretty cut and dry with what they sentence you for.

I get I made a mistake, but this is just getting ridiculously bad for me. It is my first offense thankfully.

I am in the process of leaving an abusive relationship. This has pretty much left me stuck income wise at a measly 10.50 an hour. I was hoping to be able to find higher paying work, but with no transportation I can't. I lost out on almost 2K dollars for the nurses aide program I couldn't take due to the upcoming suspension. They wouldn't refund me. I can't save much, I can't prepare a fund to help fight for my baby. I also am going to end up having to pay for an interlock and a surcharge on my license.

I know it's my fault but I just wish NJ had some sort of conditional license so people could drive to and from jobs or class. It should focus more on the rehab part rather than actually suspending someone. I see so many jobs on craigslist I could have applied for, but I just can't get to. I am grateful to at least have a job, but this has trapped me there for at least another year. If this had not have happened, I could have probably gotten hired before I was showing and landed a better job.
CrystalGirlx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky