View Single Post
nicoleflynn
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2012
60 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=noonereally;6439411]i've tried therapy a bunch of times but i've had horrible luck. i have insurance right now but that's only because i'm not working, if i get a job and make over a certain amount i lose the insurance i have.
anyway a few years because i was going to this therapist who was supposedly really good (and really expensive). she basically told me that because of the way i was people were going to take advantage of me. i tried really hard to do the stuff she told me but she honestly treated me with little respect and took advantage of me herself. she lied to me about when she had availability for me to make appointments, i could tell she didn't like me, and the last time i went to her before i decided to not put up with this anymore, she tried to make me give her my phone and had a fit that i "didn't trust her enough". she even said something like "you don't let people see you're phone? what does your mom think about this?" which really pissed me off because it's like she was manipulating me the same way they do and using them to do it. i've just had a really hard time trusting therapists since then. i've tried a few others since that but i don't feel like im getting help from them and i don't feel like they understand. and i don't want to waste

A good idea, is to interview some therapists over the phone, and explain your problem, that way you will know if they can help.
nicoleflynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
noonereally