View Single Post
CrystalGirlx

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy momma View Post
Hey Crystal,

This is a really crappy situation and I am glad you have taken responsibility for your actions. I'm in Canada, so no idea how things work down there - is there ANY chance that with you being pregnant the judge will offer leniency and allow you to at least drive for work and medical appointments? Is there any chance your case can be heard before you deliver and maybe they can reduce it to 30 days? Again, I don't know...

I take drunk driving very seriously, but you've admitted fault and taken responsibility. I wish the courts could work with you and find something to drive the message home without destroying the potential life you could be building for yourself.

I guess all I can say is - I hope it works out for you. And I hope your lawyer pulls through pretty quick so you can put this behind you and get on with your life. I'm glad you're leaving an abusive relationship; you and your baby both deserve better.
Thank you so much for not giving me the stock answer of "you should be glad you didn't hurt anyone". I am not apposed to being punished in the slightest, but I think to suspend driving privileges completely can make people's situations much worse and potentially increase negative behaviors in an offender. I am lucky to at least have my parents, I know one person who was mandated to attend 3x a week rehab sessions for several months...which are only offered in the main county which is over an hour away. He can't get there, he can't afford it...so he has no license. He is STILL driving. Had he have had a conditional license, he could have went to these appointments, been tested, and he would actually be LESS of a danger on the roads. Now, he's taking back roads & sneeking around which makes him more of a risk on the road.

Unfortunately I don't think I can get any wiggle room with getting transportation to doctors appointments. I have to just bum rides for them.

I haven't drank in months, and it just saddens me my baby is going to be born while I have no license. I feel like a failure. Even now if my case is heard my license will still be suspended by the time my baby is born. I hired an attorney in hopes I could get it knocked down to three months, instead of seven. But it is now still looking at seven. Had I just have plead guilty i'd have been due to get my license back soon. I could care less about the interlock, I actually agree with it. I think more time with an interlock would due people sentenced to a DWI some good. I am also not apposed to being evaluated, but what worries me is the area in which it happens. I don't feel safe going to this area. I wouldn't even be apposed to going into rehab, but again...the area.

Had it not been for the baby, I definitely would have benefited from being made to attend rehab. I actually thought about purposely asking for it at the time. However since I found out I was pregnant, I have not drank. I haven't had a drink since the beginning of November. I have to say I don't really crave it anymore. Also, seeing as I am going to have an infant to care for, even if I do drink at some point I would only be even able to have one or two while the kid is tucked in bed. I am not the type of person who would get plastered and neglect my child. The baby was my rehab!

Last edited by CrystalGirlx; Feb 23, 2019 at 10:30 PM..
CrystalGirlx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky