amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

15 yr Member
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2019 at 11:10 PM

yea I agree with others saying no, its not right, not to mention its a crime in the USA to medicate someone with out their knowing they are being drugged. here where I am located in order for a caregiver to administer meds against their patients wishes or with out their knowledge requires a court order and a physician and psychiatrist stating the patient is not able to make their own mental and physical health decisions and someone is court appointed to be that patients court appointed guardian that makes their physical and mental health decisions.

my suggestion to the original poster... if you are a caregiver contemplating this, please contact your patients treatment providers who can do a physical and mental health assessment to see if your client is competent to make their own decisions and if not petition family court to appoint that client a court appointed guardian. the court appointed guardian is usually a family member that the court has done a thorough background check and they have been deemed physically, mentally and financially capable of being another adults guardian. if there is no family members then the court appoints a lawyer and law firm to over see the persons best interests, mentally, physically and financially.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote