View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Feb 24, 2019 at 09:29 AM

Hello. I’m hoping a moderator or DocJohn can help clarify and answer my questions. Specifically I am asking admin.

I’ve been a very active, contributing member of this forum for 3.5 years and have never had any trouble. I’d like to think that I’ve been helpful and supportive of members during my time here.

However, I am now slightly unclear as to what is considered by admin to be a supportive vs an unsupportive post.

Is expressing an opinion considered not supportive, when that opinion is straight talk and meant to help provide the OP with another perspective they may not be considering? Or, when that opinion may point out something behavioral that is detrimental to that person’s mental health and/or other people’s mental health? And is a dissenting opinion from the general crowd considered unsupportive when the intent is meant to help guide a member towards a healthier response in a given life situation?

I would like to also make a general observation and mention that over the course of several years, I have found many posts on here to be inflammatory and argumentative and/or provoking an argument between members. Is that against the community guidelines?

Thank you kindly in advance for your assistance in clarifying. My aim is to better understand the guidelines and the areas of grayness.

Hugs from:
Calla lily12, Fuzzybear, KD1980, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Calla lily12, lizardlady, Travelinglady