Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Feb 24, 2019 at 04:16 PM

I'm sorry you are struggling with this. I have had some similar experiences in the past. I am married. But I have no extended family, no friends or even acquaintances... by choice. Nowadays I pretty-much just keep to myself 24 / 7 / 365. But it took time to get to this point.

Given my drothers, I probably wouldn't even talk to my wife much. Actually, come to think of it, I don't talk to her much. I mostly just listen to her talk. (Most of it goes in one ear & out the other, so to speak.) I rarely answer the phone. And I don't open the door if anyone rings the doorbell. I know it's not for me. So either my wife gets it or, if she's not home, I just ignore it.

I know my wife wishes I were more talkative. But, over the years, I think she's come to accept that the way it is... is how it is. (It does help, I suppose, that we're older people.) I know that being in a situation where people were expecting me to be social & talkative would mess with my head. So I understand how you feel about this.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, shorty2624