View Single Post
Calypso2632

Calypso2632 Working on it

8 yr Member
99 hugs
given
Default Feb 24, 2019 at 11:20 PM

I'm an over eater too. I eat my emotions, eat out of boredom, eat when I'm stressed. I won't do the med route, for one I'm bipolar and with ssris come major issues for me. And on counterpoint most meds made me feel MORE hungry. Diets leave me feeling unfulfilled, hungry, angry, and emotional. Except juicing. Man that feels good if you do it right but the cost is astronomical. I'm diabetic so I have to eat/balance and I walk frequently with no license.. but I'm severely over weight and my eating does not stop. I used to think about bariatric surgery but you have to give up smoking stay quit and lose a token amount of weight to show you mean business. I can't even.. and frankly I enjoy my cigarettes. There are certain medications out there that stop the absorption of fat but my doctor told me about some rather unpleasant side effects that come with meds like that.. such as **** leakage.. that's not something I'm ready to sign up for. And back to the bariatric surgery the two people I have known some what personally to have it done have since passed away. Not from complications per say but from malnutrition and related issues. Also not ready to commit to something quite that drastic. Being obese is hard. Over eating is hard. People paint pictures of us in unfortunate light. Most of my diet is raw fruits and vegetables but the scale won't budge. Don't get me wrong I do eat crap too.. but once it's on you... sigh

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi