View Single Post
aimlessnight

Member Since Feb 2019
10 hugs
given
Default Feb 24, 2019 at 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohseedee View Post
Hi there! I'm currently a college student, graduating this May. Here are a couple things that have helped me when I'm behind on school work and need to get things done:

1. Talk to my professors. This can be scary, but professors want their students to succeed. Having an open and honest conversation about what is going on will show that you care about your success. I've received deadline extensions before which can be very helpful.

2. Alternate between doing some work, then doing something fun. For me, it's usually video games. Pick a time chunk that works for you: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, whatever. I'll do that amount of school work, then spend the same amount of time playing my video game. It helps me to not feel so bogged down in school work and still allows me to get things done.

3. This is my third time trying post-secondary school. I left after a year my first time due to mental health issues, then tried university and realized the program wasn't right for me. I took a 5 year break and then came back to my original college program to finish. I am not saying this is necessarily the case for you, but I wanted to say that there is no shame in recognizing that, hey, maybe this isn't the best time for me to be in school right now.

Wishing you all the best in your studies!
Thank you for replying! As for your advice, I'm unsure on how I'm going to talk to my professor (since I feel that it's too far for me), but I suppose the first step would be talking to my academic counselor about it. As for your second tip, I'm going to try to do what you suggested today with my work since it takes off a lot of pressure. And then, for your third tip, I think I might be considering to suggest that to my family since the last two quarters were rough.

But again thank you so much for the advice! I'm wishing you all the best with your studies as well!
aimlessnight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Ohseedee

Thanks for this!
Ohseedee