View Single Post
Calypso2632

Member Since Jun 2015
99 hugs
given
Default Feb 25, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Hi! New to this thread. I just found it. I've been a diabetic for around 8 years. Started a new med around 3 months ago that keeps my sugars fairly down. Fasting around 140 in the morning. Not where I want it but better than it was prior to this med. (450)
Last A1c was around 9 something my doc was not impressed but I had told her I had no insurance, was off meds, and needed a prescription assistance program medication. When I called reporting sugars over 400 they finally did something. I do get out and walk most days. Lots of fruits veggies and lean meat. Hardly any bread or potatoes or pasta. But I do snack on sweets here and there and Pepsi is my drug of choice. I refuse to use artificial sugars. I'll not pollute my body with that poison. My doctor is well aware and supports my decision. I do have some neuropathy in my left foot. Mild persistent numbness and tingling. Seems extra sensitive. Sometimes I get pins and needles feelings in both my feet like they have fallen asleep and are waking up but much worse and it lasts longer. Not fun. My mouth is always dry and I'm always thirsty but I check my sugar and it's never very high. It's under control now compared to when I started and was being put in the hospital for insulin drips with sugars over 700. And it's weird I can't feel it when my sugar goes too high. I don't have any obvious symptoms. But when it goes too low I get dizzy and light headed and shakey. I'm wondering if I should talk to my doctor about adding glipizide back into my mix on top of the Janumet. Just to lower my numbers a bit more... I'm seriously glad I'm not on insulin anymore. Needles really freak me out, and even understanding I needed my medicine every day was a struggle. I was on a long acting insulin, Lantus, once per day. But once was more than enough!! I wish I didn't like sweets and soda but it is what it is I guess..

Hugs from:
unaluna