Thread: Choices
View Single Post
Calypso2632

Member Since Jun 2015
99 hugs
given
Default Feb 25, 2019 at 01:26 AM

Reading this reinforced my belief the choices I have so recently made are in fact correct and good. And not to late in life to be made. I spent many years drowning myself in alcohol and self pity. Wondering "why me"? Many tried to get me to quit, change.. but it comes down to us and choices and what we want to see and become. In 2014 I was pretty sure my working career was over. My head was screwed up, I drank too much I couldn't cope or even function. I tossed all my scrubs in the garbage and started the process of going for disability and becoming a recluse. I never went out but to medical appointments or to get groceries. I got lost in my head and my fears. Lost friends, family, and eventually my husband. Now it's the beginning of 2019, I've been with my current boyfriend almost 2 years. I've been sober over 4 months, I just got my Cna recertification active again and I'm off to apply for my first job in years tomorrow (later today really:D). That's what choices can bring you. You can choose NOT to stay stuck. No matter how deep the pit is you can climb up and out. It did seem hopeless for me for a very long time and as cliche as this sounds something in my head just clicked one day and I realized that this was not where I was meant to be and this was not my true self. :love: