View Single Post
beehivebrain

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Feb 25, 2019 at 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
You might want to try calling a pharmacist, that's who I call when I can't get a hold of my doctor and need information regarding side effects, etc. I take 200mg seroquel and haven't experienced that but everyone reacts differently to meds. Generally about an hour or so after I take it I'm extremely exhausted and fall asleep very quickly, but that's a good thing for me because I was barely sleeping for awhile.

I don't think it was a mistake to report those symptoms to your doctor, it's important to tell them anything that's going on.

Sorry to hear what you're going through, it sounds scary. I hope you can get ahold of someone and get advice/help

Thanks so much for the info and for your "setting of the bar" with the 200mg. I take 25 mg, so I don't know if I'm just super sensitive to medication, because I've been on the same medication for four years with a different psychiatrist. Because I sought a second opinion some months ago, at the same office with an NP (the office also has NPs, I'm seeing a psychiatrist now) and she put me on Latuda and I started getting depressed and lashed out at a friend, who is no longer my friend. I mean, it was an okay loss, we were really just Facebook friends. We hadn't been friends since college, but I lashed out at him for not reading my PMs, and I wrote this whole post on his wall, as in *public* wall. And he send me a PM apologizing for ever hurting me (he's actually very sweet), and unfriended me. I should have gone back to the NP, and told her what happened, but I wasn't sure if it was the Latuda or not because it was such a small dose. It was 20mg. It sounded like she could have diagnosed me with BPD right there, and looking back, there were many times I had lashed out at people for stupid reasons, and I think the Latuda just triggered a moment, so I went back to my old psychiatrist who put me back on the *same* medication.

I tried contacting my pharmacist, but the pharmacy just kept re-routing me. I'll try again tomorrow. Also again with the medical assistant, because I didn't realize the thing about being on the same medication.
beehivebrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird