View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Feb 25, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
Yes I think this new technology is habit/addiction prone.
Hubby is glued to his phone.
Admitting you have a problem is the first part.
perhaps you could introduce other areas of interest...like learning a new instrument, or art or many many other things to do beside be on line.
I was going to the gym and walking on the tred mill but that was before our trip to europe now since we have come back...I have not exercissed inthe evenings...like before. I just get on line. Friday nights I go to a chat room and that is extremely interactive. I usually post on forums so I circle thru each forum to see if any one has responded.I keep going thru my favorite sights/forums/face book/email/ forums get the picture?
bizi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
Bizi,

Thanks for this thread. I am trying to only spend 1 hour or less a day on my computer. Addiction to places like PC can sort of sneak up on you. It is a lot like food addictions (where you eat to sooth yourself rather than just for the sustainance) because you can't stop eating food, rather, you have to figure out how to moderate your behavior. People need the internet for school, work, finances, etc. Yesterday, I was reading and posting at PC more than an hour. Some of the stories are fascinating, triggering, etc. I see people in the Psychoanalysis Forum complaining about unhealthy attachment to their therapist. I am not complaining but I've become attached to some people here. It feels weird and unreal. I have found myself wondering if I have all sorts of psych problems that I probably don't even have. Though it is not right what people like Jussie Smolllett have done to get attention--I wonder if the internet contributed to his downfall? Some of us have to be on guard so we don't get sucked up into it. Taking it day by day. Will try to make this (this morning) the only time I "look" today....
Bizi,

Noticed this is not your thread--it is more like you adopted it.

Though I have not spent that much time on PC yet today , I have been thinking that I am not completely addicted to the internet (that is my GAD/hypochondria), it is just a bad habit I developed because I relied on PC to get encouragement/help sorting out a confusing event. I am not quite as confused now. They say we tell ourselves stories and constantly tweak/revise stories about traumatic events in our life. The stories are about finding meaning about what happened. Our interpretation of the events makes all the difference in whether or not we heal ourselves. What matters in life is supporting each other. Maybe we need the "thanks" and "hugs" while we are sorting through it all. Though we might get "hooked" on them, this is a good place. That I am aggravated to be "attached" or that I miss (members that left) some of the wonderful people who just tried to help me is a bit dysfunctional. But yes, we do sometimes need to reevaluate how we are spending our time without making it into a crisis when it might not be.....
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi