Member Since Jun 2016
8,779 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2019 at 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_crazy View Post
oddly enough...

even though Valium (diazepam) has a bad reputation, its less addictive than xanax or klonopin, easier to taper than ativan...

some people swear by ssri drugs. im not a fan, they make me too apathetic and make my mood swings worse. gabapentin isn't an amazing cure all, but its not addictive and it gets the job done.

lyrica is a lot like gabapentin, but there is a a definite withdrawal syndrome after long term use. kinda lame, i know. having said that, its currently less restricted than the benzodiazepines. The benzodiazepines are in Schedule IV of the DEA system, Lyrica is in Schedule V, so I guess the available data shows fewer problems (?).

some people take benzodiazepines for years upon years, no major problems. then you have horror stories, too, so...??? A lot of the horror stories seem to be from careless prescribing and/or excessively rapid tapers, so...there's that to consider...
What kind of horror stories? I take one Xanax a day and I just hope my doctor never try’s to take me off it. I went one day without it just to see I if I could and my anxiety was unbelievable and I had stomach issues as well. But I did go the full day without one. So it’s doable but withdrawals are going to be bad. But he prescribes me 2 a day and I don’t take 2 a day. I usually just take one. So I currently have over 100. I don’t think I have that big of an issue.